Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Continuing Story!



When I was preg with
The Enzo the Benz
I was a little afraid
But I also
knew
He was a
BOY!
I was excited!
I was excited to have a
VBAC!
(Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
We had just moved to Seattle, WA.
A Beautiful place!
I came not feeling well.
and
it was the beginning of November...
Not one of Seattle's best months
to
SHINE...Literally
It was dark.
I wasn't familiar at all with the area
and I didn't know very many people
at the time!
I really just stayed at
home
with Zella of course.
Zella was about to turn 2!
What a great age!
She is such an great little girl!
The search began...
With the help of modern technology and

a distant friend in Utah over the phone (Carlie)
I was able to get some great information
about the Seattle area.
And also finding a great
Midwife!
It took a couple tries to find the best match!
My goal was to have a
Natural Birth.....
^ This is Sally


Noun1.
natural childbirth - labor and childbirth without
medical intervention; no drugs are given to
relieve pain or aid the birth process;


And I wanted to be in a
Birthing Center....


I came to find out that in Seattle
It is against Birthing Center's Laws
to have a VBAC in their facility.
I was so disappointed to find that out
It was also difficult to find a
Midwife
that would do a VBAC.
I found about
5 total
that would be willing to do a VBAC.
I started with one at a
Very strange Facilitly...
(I can't even remember what it was called!
It was in Green Lake though.)
My friend Summer went with me
It was dirty...
and in a very interesting part
of town....
NEXT!!!
I tried another.
She was located in Lynnwood.
It was in a nice building.
but he office was like a closet....
Zack said it smelled like
Pretzels
(not a good thing)
She just didn't seem thorough....
I really just didn't get a good feeling about it!
NEXT!!!!
Dr. Sally Avenson!!!
CNM
Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) provide health care i
nvolving emotional and physical support to women before,
during, and after childbirth. They are registered
nurses with specialized training in assisting
pregnant women and their newborn babies.
CNMs must complete an accredited
program of study and clinical
experience in obstetrical care.

She was great!
She covered Everything
We decided that a
hospital birth
was going to be the best
choice.
Sally assured that it was a very
low(.03%)percentage
of women that
have a ruptured uterus
during a VBAC.
EXCITING!!!
She gave me all the
confidence in the world!
Zack did too!
With the help of another
Great Friend
She told me a great book to read
about
Great book!
Since this was my
2nd birth
I kind of knew what
contractions were.
But it was really difficult to
remember!
That book was
eye opening.
It made every
pain I was having
make sense!
and made the
contractions make even
more sense!
I knew I could do it!
With having positive people
around me
telling me I could do it
helped SO MUCH!
Its amazing how many
negative comments you will get
when you express you want to have
a Natural Birth!
Ignore them!
Everyone is different
Every BODY is different
If you believe that you can do it
you CAN!
Your body was made to do this
have confidence
try not to have
fear!
The pain is not pain!
Its more pressure on the pelvis
and your muscles flexing
YOU can do it!
It was a great pregnancy
I loved Seattle!
I made a lot of great
friends!
I miss them!
By the time spring came
the weather was perfect!
The sun was
Perfect!
the beaches were
perfect!
Zella and I had the time of our
lives!
Poor Zack had to work.
but I really enjoyed that spring and summer
just us girls!
walking all over the U district.
Playing with our friends.
Taking naps.
Enjoying life!
Enzo was due on the 9th of July
Zack's mom, Maren
her birthday is the 4th of July
That's what I was shooting for
I thought it would be fun!
but he wasn't ready!
I'll never forget it.
It was 7AM Zack had just
left to go to work.
I got up for some reason.
Zack's dad came to watch Zella.
(What a blessing he was to come and help!)
I could tell my body had changed
the I could feel
those belly muscles
tightening.
I went and sat by Zella
I knew this would be the
last time that it would just be
us!
We were ready!!
It was a beautiful process!
We went to the hospital about 12 noon.
It felt so normal!
I had unfortunitly tested
for the group strep B
positive so I had to have a IV of antibiotics.
but for the last 2 weeks I had been taking
Echinecea, vit c, and garlic.
I felt great
I still had to take
the antibiotic.
oh well, I was ok with it.
I would never say
that contractions
are PAINFUL.
They are uncomfortable.
They are intense pressure!
I loved the birthing process.
I loved feeling everything that
I was feeling.
It all made sense of what I was feeling.
I tried all the positions
the ball
the chair
and
the tub.
That's when he started to crown!
It startled me and
for ONE QUICK moment I thought
"am I going to die?"
"Is this normal?"
I glanced over at my
angelic Midwife
she almost whispered to me
"You're doing great!"
"this is all normal!"
That's what I needed.
I got refocused.
We got out of the tub.
(Because of the previous C-section)
....CONTRACTION....
..Contraction..
and to the bed....
It was amazing
I felt like my body
was on cruise control!
SERIOUSLY!
I felt like almost an
out of body experience.
My body knew exactly what to do!
I was on my hands and knees
It felt the best.
all of a sudden
POP!
my water broke completely!
Zack said it splattered
all over the nurses HA!
then
deep breath and
out he was...
it took seconds after my water broke.
it was amazing!
it felt just liberating!
God made women to birth and it is an amazing process.
I would do it again!
and again!
and again!

What a rush!
8lbs 11oz!!!!!!!
Born on 7/8/09
yes my 789!!!




SWEET BABIES!
They are Angels!



2 comments:

  1. I DID HYPNOBIRTHING!!! Oh my goodness. Christine. The more I know you, the more I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete