Thursday, November 18, 2010

What do I know??


This is my 1st post!
Hello world wide web!
I thought I would tell about my history and life!

I must WARN I am not a Doctor!(YET! HEE HEE)

With all that I say always consult your physician if you want to try anything that I have tried!
ALSO
I am not a writer!
PLEASE excuse my use of words, grammar, and spelling!
I know this all could be written better
but
I am who I am and this is
ME!!
Onto the stories!!!

I have 2 kids!
Zella 3
Enzo 18mo
and a ZACK!(older than the hills ha!)

I am a LDS Member and believe in GOD!
He has helped me heal inside and out.
I have always been conscious of my health.
Starting at a young age I had to have several knee surgeries
followed a few years later by a in-depth problems with my parathyroids.
After having surgery on my throat and then almost having open heart surgery to fix my parathyroid issue. It miraculously went away!
Always being cautious of what I was eating I have experimented with all sorts of ways. (Vegetarian, Vegan to RAW foodist-
I claim to be none of the above. We eat meat now just in moderation and in times of famine!)
AND always being drug(not counting mild use of antibiotics) and alcohol FREE!

~MY 1st Story~
With the birth of my 1st child-
Its the end of DECEMBER
I didn't know what a "natural birth" was
I didn't know really anything...
I knew that I would be in a hospital
I knew there would be my Dr that I had been going to
*This Dr I never felt totally comfortable with...I ignored those feelings that you get when you shouldn't do something...I now KNOW better!!!*
That was it.
The pain was fine.
but then where was the Dr the whole time?
OH he only comes at the end.
Things were increasing
Nurse checks me one last time.
PANIC look...
"That's not here head coming down"
Dr finally arrives...
"Sorry I'm late, I had church things to do(tithing settlement...It's important but really???????)"
another nurse running in with a ultra sound machine
"yup that not her head!"
"You will now be having an emergency c-section(she was in a breech position)"
That's what they should have said!
all of a sudden being drugged with
anesthetic and
not being able to move
not exactly knowing what was going on
and being scared for my life.
and this new baby to come!

Zella came just fine just being folded in half!
~My friend once said that breech babies just want to stay close to their mommies heart and help their mommies be loved! Makes total sense of why they are in that position when that's said! but
that is Zella in a nut shell!*notice pic!*~
I ended up being just fine too.
I slowly crawled away wondering about this whole experience.
What do these Dr's really know?

~2nd Story~
Almost to the day that Zella turned 4 month's old we were welcomed by the lovely
Seizures
I didn't know what they were!
and guess what!
My Dr(who was the one that delivered her*why did I not get the hint the 1st time*) said that it was acid reflux....
WRONG
After being in the hospital in Payson for over a week with no insight of what was going on with my baby they released us.
Zella still having seizures....
Only when she was sleeping...
Every hour....
On the hour....
We drove immediately to Primary Children's Medical Center in SLC
Almost being shrugged off again the Dr to come in
Knew me from my home town
Logan
He had worked at the local grocery store
*Blessing*
He got us on to the neurological team
This pic is of Zella and Brian
in PCMC, SLC
They immediately got things going
A month later....
they diagnosed it as
Epileptic Seizures.
No source of
Where
or
Why
they happen.
Zella had been put on at least 15 different things, had 2 taps, x-rays, CT scans, you name if she had it done.
Why did it take so long to figure out they were seizures?
Why did they have to put her on sooo many different things
with who know what of side effects?
WHY??
We left with her on only 2 medications.
Trilepal
and
Phenobarbital
I found a new pediatrician!
She was great!
She was thorough!
She was what every mother needs!
We weaned Zella off the phenobarbital
YAY!


BUT I needed answers.....


I'm leaving a lot out. In later posts I'll touch back on these stories. I still have a lot to learn from these experiences!

To Be Continued...


3 comments:

  1. I love it!! I was dying to keep reading! I'm so happy your doing this blog. What a cool thing. People really need to hear it. What a neat journey. Good Job! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHRISTINE!! I am glued to the screen, reading this. And now I'm going to VERY-FAST hop over to the other posts and read those too!

    ReplyDelete