Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Year of the CROUP!


This last winter was
Intense.
The kids both had croup
twice!
I had never even

experienced
croup before
besides with
Anne, in Anne of Green Gables
When she gave ipecac!
If you have never experienced Croup
Be grateful.

I was sleeping
and could all of a sudden hear Zella
breathing.

Then the cough started
a grouling cough that
you can not mistaken.

It sounds like a seal bark
very high pitched.
I got up because I could tell she was having a hard time
breathing.
I grabbed her and went to the bathroom

turned on the hot shower and steamed the room.
It helped mildly.
I called or Zack to take her.
It was the middle of the night and
I was in a stupor of thought.


I couldn't think of what to do for her.
If I couldn't find anything to help or
if her cough or breathing got any worse
I was more than ready to take her
to the hospital.
SO
I pulled up my computer and

pulled up
It finally hit me
DUH!
The Onion Syrup
and
Onion Poultice!
I started on the Poultice.....
(Where you bake the onions for 20 min at 225 degrees click if you don't remember how to make it!)
While that is in the oven
I start on the Onion and Honey syrup.
I should simmer for about a hour but considering the case
I shortened the time to 45 min.
When the onions in the oven were done
I placed some olive oil on her chest then place the luke warm
onions down.
Then place a white cotton cloth on top to hold them
then wrapped a nice long scarf around her.
When the Onion Syrup was done
I let it cool but while its still warm
I give her 2 tsp of it.

Less than a minute later her breathing
Changed!
her cough was now moving
meaning instead of the cough
being dry and raspy
you could hear the mucus in
her throat moving!
That is a good sign!
Dry coughs to me are scary.
You need to get them moving
keeping the throat moist
is very important.
That is why this Syrup is so great.
The combinations of the honey and the onions
pull the mucus out and
get things moving.

Then with the Onion Poultice
it pulls and prevents the mucus from getting
into the lungs!!


so together these are amazing!

I continued for the rest of the night to give her
the syrup every hour

Amazingly by morning it was as if nothing happened to her
in the stressful night!
I was just exhausted!
Then a couple weeks later
Enzo went though the exact thing
But that time I was Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment